Friday, February 7, 2020

Emergency Roadside Assistance in Buffalo:

Being stranded on a deserted highway is probably one of the worst things that can happen to anyone and if you are traveling with kids, the situation can escalate into a nightmare. I was driving on NY 5 with the nephew (4); I checked all the fluids and tires before leaving to play it safe (according to me). Forty-five minutes into the drive and I heard a huge boom, followed by my car swerving off the road. My nephew looked practically mortified (I can’t really say who was more scared, me or him). Anyways I got out of the car to check the damage and it was exactly what I dreaded a flat tire.


So much for being cautious. A normal two-hour drive was about to turn into a series of misfortunate events. I called my insurance company as I had opted for roadside assistance in Buffalo when I bought the insurance policy. Before that day I never needed it and I didn’t know what kind of roadside assistance my insurance covered. They sent me the number of a “local” towing company. I called them and that company was located 65 miles away from where I was stranded at that moment. Pro tip: always check the name and location of the service provider that comes with the insurance policy.

Anyways the towing company told me there was no way they could reach me, even if they could it will at least take 2 hours. So I did what any adult would do in this situation, called my sister (mother of the one I had with me). The reaction that she gave made me think I should’ve called my own mom instead of calling her. Her primary concern was her child’s safety (as for me I could go kill myself). After five long minutes of whining about how careless I was and how dare I jeopardize her son like that, she gave me the contact information of a local roadside assistance company in Buffalo. She said she was calling them herself and will send me the information of the driver and towing truck as well.

The towing truck reached me within 25 minutes (I spent the time watching Moana with my nephew). The staff was really nice, they changed the tire and this time checked everything properly for me. They inspected the engine, all the other tires, filled up the tank and even offered to call my sister (to calm her down). I was ready to hit the road again within 35 minutes. Before leaving, they gave me their business card and told me they operate in different locations, so they can reach in all the nearby areas quickly.

 After this incident, I always keep the contact information of Schoemann’s Road Service, Inc in my phone. They have the nicest and highly experienced staff. They offer the best rates and reach you quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment